Download Tata Group Logo – The Tata Group is an industrial conglomerate Indian founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868 . In India, Tata is one of the most respected economic groups and older. Its presence extends to Asia, Europe, America and Africa.
The Tata Group comprises 98 companies operating in seven sectors:
- Communications and information systems
- Consumer goods
The group has sales worth 62.5 billion dollars a year, 1 or 5% of GDP [Gross Domestic Product | GDP] in India.
Its businesses include:
- TCS (Tata Consultancy Services), the largest software and services in Asia
- Tata Tea , the largest producer of tea in the world
- Tata Steel , the second largest steel producer in India
- Tata Motors (formerly Tata Engineering and Locomotives Company Ltd (TELCO), commercial vehicles (the largest in India) and autos.
- Indian Hotels , hotel and tourism division of the group.