MV Agusta Logo – MV Agusta is a builder of motorcycles founded in 1945 in Cascina Costa, near Milan in Italy. The company began as a branch of the aviation company Agusta which was founded by Count Giovanni Agusta in 1923. The Count died in 1927, leaving the company in the hands of his wife and his sons Domenico, Vincenzo, Mario and Corrado.
Count Vincenzo Agusta together with his brother Domenico formed MV Agusta (Meccanica initials mean Verghera MV) at the end of World War II as a means of saving the jobs of the company Agusta and also in order to meet the needs of post-war market, which required transportation cheap and efficient. They produced the first prototype was called “Vespa 98″ in 1945. Then they discovered that the name Vespa was already registered by the company Piaggio for its scooters Vespa, so the model became known only by the number “98”.
Between 1950 and 1970, the company built small capacity bikes Style Cafe Racer (mostly 125 to 150 cc). In the 60’s, motorcycle sales fell small and MV Agusta motorcycles began to produce fewer but larger displacement. A 250 cc, and subsequently a 350 cc of two cylinders. Subsequently a 600 cc four-cylinder 750 cc evolved to today is very much appreciated by collectors. The Spanish company Avello Natahoyo based near Gijón, motorcycles manufactured under license from MV Agusta, with names Avello MV and MV Agusta. Since the death of Count Domenico Agusta in 1971, the company went into decline and in 1980 stopped producing motorcycles.